FERRARI /FERRARIO in COMO, Lombardia

Do you speak English? Are you searching for your Ancestors in Italy? Post here your request. We’ll do our best to help you.

Moderatori: Staff, Collaboratori

Rispondi
Helenpane
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

FERRARI /FERRARIO in COMO, Lombardia

Messaggio da Helenpane »

Iam trying to find ERNESTO FERRARI or FERRARIO born around 1857-1860 in Como. Son of ANDREA FERRARI /FERRARIO and ELISABETTA GILARDONE or GILARDONI. I have searched so many (53!)comuni of Como in Family search and Antenati with no success except in Bellagio where I find a couple named Andrea Ferrario and Elisabetta Gilardoni, but records are from 1860... Two of their daughters, Giovanna, born about 1853 in Griante, and Catterina, bornin 1855 in Griante married in Bellagio in 1880 and1879. Their mother Elisabetta died in 1870 in Bellagio already a widow resident in Griante. Both comuni answered that their records started later.

ERNESTO had emigrated to Argentina where he married ERMINIA MARANESI in 1886.

I Asked for the Registre di leva at the Archivio di stato di Como but they said he was not there and that he might have emigrated before military service or enrolled in nother province.

The parish of Bellagio has answered that he is not registered there and I cannot find an email adress for the parish of Griante ( I just got a phone number but I dont speak italian)

And it is still possible that he was born in some other comune... Could you please tell how to follow?

mmogno
Collaboratore
Collaboratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱

ery1
Collaboratore
Collaboratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da ery1 »

Hi and welcome to this forum!
Ferrario Catterina (called Sofia Catterina Leopoldina) was baptized on the 2nd May 1855 in Griante, Parish Church of Saints Nabore and Felice:

Immagine

If Catterina was really his sister then Ernesto could have been baptized in Griante too.

Erica
Erica

Helenpane
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Messaggio da Helenpane »

Thank you, Erica! I already have that record. The problem was that its priest had no email adress and attends several parishes. I have now written to the address you gave me and we’ll see if he responds...😌
I have seen the link to the RUOLI MATRICOLARI 1846-1899 COMO E LECCO, and searched years 1855 to 1861 and did not find him😞. Some 150 Ferrari/Ferrario!. It proved, nonetheless, that the mentioned couple was the only one in that military district bearing those names, which amazes me , as it seems quite obvious that Ernesto should be their son....
children of ANDREA FERRARIO & ELISABETTA GILARDONI that I have found:
-(probably) Luigia, born circa 1844 in Bellagio, married Antonio Manzoni, died 1878 in Bellagio. Parents: Andrea Ferrario & Maria Ferrario
-(probably) Giuseppina, born circa 1848 in Griante, married Giovanni Spreafico in Bellagio 14/jan/1881. Parents:Andrea Ferrario & Maria Ferrario
-Giovannina, born 1853 in Griante, married Carlo Cesare Gandola 11/apr/1880 in Bellagio, died 12/ jan/1896 in Bellagio.
- Sofia Catterina Leopoldina, born 2/may/1855 in Griante, married Stefano Gilardoni 16/feb/1879 in Bellagio, died 3/oct/1887 in Bellagio
- (probably) Emilio, born circa 1855 in Tremezzo, died 19/nov/1886 in Pavia, being resident in Bellagio. Parents: Andrea & Maria Gilardoni
- Ersilio, born 25/apr/1861 in Bellagio, enrrolled 24/oct1881

Whatever you suggest....

Rispondi