Can't find my great-grandparent's place of birth!

Do you speak English? Are you searching for your Ancestors in Italy? Post here your request. We’ll do our best to help you.

Moderatori: Staff, Collaboratori

Rispondi
natalibondia
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Can't find my great-grandparent's place of birth!

Messaggio da natalibondia »

Hello! Pardon my writing in English but I can't speak Italian. I have found out that my great-grandparent is Italian but I can't find his birth certificate or place of birth anywhere.
His name was Bartolome Antonio Gualeni, he was born between 1873 and 1876 (most likely in 1876) and his grandson (my grandparent) says that he believes Bartolome was from Bergamo or Lombardia.
His parents were named Giovanni Battista Gualeni and Maria Angela Vernengo (I can't find information about them either)
I have searched in any genealogy webpage you can imagine, even in Antenati but could not be lucky enough to find him.
He came to Argentina before 1894, apparently alone, and he entered Latin America through Paraguay, so I can't find immigration records either.
I would really appreciate your help if you could indicate me another way of searching that I might be missing.
Thank you!

mmogno
Collaboratore
Collaboratore
Contatta:

Re: Can't find my great-grandparent's place of birth!

Messaggio da mmogno »

Which municipalities have you already looked for?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱

natalibondia
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Re: Can't find my great-grandparent's place of birth!

Messaggio da natalibondia »

Hello! Thank you for replying. I have already searched in 85 of Bergamo's municipalities (the first 3 pages of the 7 ones that appear in Antenati) as well as in Family Search writing his name in different ways, but nothing matches. I am still looking in Antenati but I would like to know if you recommend any other website or way in which I can also search.
I have thought about searching for him in Lombardia's Lista Di Leva, but I believe he left Italy when he was only 18 years of age so I don't think he will be included in them.
Thank you in advance.

Rispondi